Our Commitment to Your Privacy
The privacy of your data — and it is your data, not ours! — is a big deal to us.
Identity & access
When you sign up for Lynkmark, we ask for your name, and email address. That's just so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you notifications, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t use your name or organizations in marketing statements without your permission, either.
If you sign up with a social login account (Google or Twitter) we receive your email address & profile photo (for displaying in Account infomration) from these services, but we do not collect a password for your account.
When you pay for Lynkmark, we ask for your credit card and billing address. That's so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices. Your credit card is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn't ever go through our servers. We store a record of the payment transaction for account history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax due in the United States, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
When you write Lynkmark with a question or to ask for help, we'll keep that correspondence and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our marketing pages, we'll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you've requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe. GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us on the Site. Accordingly, Lynkmark recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Lynkmark services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
Lynkmark won’t hand your data over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. We flat-out reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we're legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Data isn’t encrypted while it's live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
Data Collected Automatically
We may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the device that you use to access the Service. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive.
We've used Google Analytics in Landing Page but not in our App for your privacy protection, so once you login to Lynkmark nothing get tracked. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Website.
When you cancel your account, we'll ensure that nothing is stored on our servers past 30 days. Anything you delete on your account while it's active will also be purged within 30 days (up until then it's available in the trash can).
Location of Site and Data
This Site is operated in the India. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the India, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the India. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & questions
Lynkmark may update this policy once in a blue moon — we’ll notify you about significant changes by emailing the account owner or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting [email protected].